Printed from: https://conservationhandbooks.com/toolcare/planning-a-workshop-and-toolstore/list-of-requirements/
Once possible premises have been found, the following points need considering:
- Power supply.
- Water supply.
- Number of benches. Base this on the number of people you have at training sessions, or hope to have. There should be a bench space for each person.
- Number of workshop tools.
- Specialist benches e.g. chainsaw, crosscut or circular saw, grinders etc.
- Storage space for fieldwork tools and equipment.
- Storage space for broken tools and new handles.
- Storage space for project materials. In most cases, clients provide all materials on site, but some groups may have supplies of their own materials, such as timber for stiles.
- Shelf or desk for administration e.g. tool lists, records, files, notice board, lost property.
- Safe storage for petrol, Calor gas and herbicides.