Printed from: https://conservationhandbooks.com/nature-activities/butterfly-feeder/
Keep the butterflies fed and the kids entertained with this simple butterfly feeder!
What you will need
Paper or plastic plate, string, mushy, over ripe fruit
What to do
- Make three holes around the edge of the plate.
- Thread some string through each hole tying a knot under the plate.
- Tie the 3 ends of the string together above the plate (it should look like an upside down parachute).
- Smush some fruit onto the plate (bananas are good!)
- Hang the plate near some flowers and wait for the butterflies to arrive.
- Keep a note of which butterflies you see and which fruit they liked best.
Learn the art of dry stone walling, woodland management, tree planting, hedgelaying and much more.
Get instant access to the definitive ‘how to’ practical conservation guides. Advice, instructions and support to manage your countryside and green spaces.